Top

Billing Insurance For Music Therapy Clients

A couple of my mentors tell me that I’m lucky to have all private-pay clients. They say I should stick with them. And I agree, and I will.

But there is another challenge that I will undertake while nurturing my private pay clients.

I’m going to attempt insurance billing for a couple of my 1:1 clients. I have an awesome colleague and subcontractor who is willing to help me out. I have families who are on board.

Then I’m going to approach my community clients to document on the Long Term Care MDS (Minimum Data Set).

I’ve been putting this off for a long time, but now it is time.

Rachelle Norman wrote a fabulous post about documenting on the MDS. Honestly, I’ve had other priorities in my business… until now.

I’m ready to give it a try, and see how I can expand our reach!

Do YOU bill insurance or document on the MDS?

If you are determined to start billing insurance for your clients, then don’t miss out on a special announcement about the Reimbursement CMTE course by Jamie George, MM, MT-BC. She bills insurance successfully for 80% of her clients. The remaining 20% are private pay. Here’s the announcement: http://musictherapyed.com/reimbursement-course-bonus-til-july-27-only/

4 Responses to Billing Insurance For Music Therapy Clients

  1. Angie Kopshy July 26, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

    Good luck with all of this & thank you for providing the opportunity for the rest of us to learn more about this. Rachelle Norman is brilliant! I’m looking forward to learning more from her.

    • Kat Fulton July 26, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

      Thanks Angie! =) I totally agree with you about Rachelle. She’s top notch.

  2. Rachelle Norman July 28, 2012 at 11:17 am #

    Thank you for the shout outs, Kat and Angie! I’m excited to see more of us figuring out the insurance and MDS games.

    • Kat Fulton July 30, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

      Definitely. It’s such an exciting time for our field =)

Leave a Reply